download a previous
build and follow these directions:
You will need
Java 1.5 in order to launch ESTAT. The Java 1.5 platform can be
Once you have successfully downloaded and installed Java 1.5, download the latest ESTAT build and follow these instructions:
1. Unzip the ESTAT_6_05.zip archive into your C:\ root directory with the "use folder names" option selected. This is important because it ensures that the archive unpacks with the correct directory structure.
2. Using Windows Explorer, My Computer, or whichever file manager program you prefer, navigate to the C:\pcpHome\bin directory.
3. Right click on the file called ESTAT.bat and "edit" it.
4. This will bring up notepad with a little bit of batch file code.
5. The line that needs to be changed is: SET JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.5.0_02
6. You will need to put in whatever version of Java you have here.. to figure this out, go to C:\Program Files\Java and use the directory name that follows there. For example, mine is C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.5.0_02 . You want the entire path copied and pasted into the SET JAVA_HOME= line.
you have done that, save the file, and you should then be able to
double click the ESTAT.bat file to launch ESTAT.
8. If you like, you can create a shortcut to the ESTAT.bat file and leave it on your desktop for easier access.