GeoVISTA members at AutoCarto 2010
The GeoVISTA Center will have a strong presence at the upcoming AutoCarto 2010, which is sponsored by the Cartography and Geographic Information Society (CaGIS) and being held in Orlando, FL November 15-19. This year, the focus of this joint meeting with the American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS), the International Cartographic Association and the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS) is Geospatial Data and Geovisualization: Environment, Security, and Society.
Below is a list of GeoVISTA member contributions:
- Cynthia Brewer: Performance of Map Symbol and Label Design with Format and Display Resolution Options through Scale for The National Map
- Paulo Raposo: Piece by Piece: A Method of Cartographic Line Generalization using Regular Tessellations
- Robert E. Roth: The Card Sorting Method for Map Symbol Design
- Wesley J. Stroh: Establishing Classification and Hierarchy in Populated Place Labeling for Multi-scale Mapping for the National Map
- Michael Stryker: An Application of Scenario-based Design to a Map-based Environment for Geographically Contextualized Deliberation
For more information, contact Krista Kahler at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit http://www.asprs.org/orlando2010/index.html to learn more.