GeoVISTA at Association of American Geographers (AAG) meeting
GeoVISTA members are participating in the 106th Annual Association of American Geographers (AAG) meeting held in Washington, DC on April 14-18, 2010.
- Cindy Brewer and Wesley Stroh, Abstract Title: Teaching Cartographic Design with GIS Tools. Brewer also organized the session on Map Design.
- Jin Chen, Abstract Title: Visual Inquiry Toolkit - A Geovisual Analytics Tool for the Detection of Disease Clusters
- Frank Hardisty, Abstract Title: Using text analytics with spatial statistics to characterize H1N1 flu outbreaks
- Alexander Klippel, Abstract Title: Topological Equivalence Classes: Searching for the Rosetta Stone of Spatial Cognition
- Rui Li (along with co-author Alex Klippel), Abstract Title: Using Salient Features of Environments for Wayfinding Aids: Differences Between Indoor and Outdoor Environments
- Wei Luo (along with co-authors Justine Blanford, Frank Hardisty, Craig McCabe, and Alan M MacEachren), Abstract Title: A hierarchical framework to understand the characteristics of measles transmission
- Alan MacEachren, Abstract Title: Geovisual Analytics: Supporting visual reasoning with complex information
- Scott Pezanowski (along with co-author Alan MacEachren), Abstract Title: Web-based GeoVisualization through an Adobe Flash Mapping API
- Anthony Robinson, who is serving as chair for the session on Map Design, is also presenting (along with co-authors Robert Roth, Craig McCabe, Scott Pezanowski and Alan MacEachren): Challenges to Standarizing Map Symbology.
- Robert Roth (along with co-authors Kevin Ross, Wei Luo, Benjamin Finch, and Alan M MacEachren), Abstract Title: A user-centered approach for evaluating and extending spatiotemporal crime analysis tools
- Michael Stryker (along with co-authors Sen Xu, Thomas Watson, and Bo Yu), Abstract Title: An evaluation of a tool for map-based, asynchronous deliberation
- Sen Xu (along with co-authors Alexander Klippel, Alan MacEachren, Prasenjit Mitra, Ian Turton, Xiao Zhang, and Anuj Jaiswal), Abstract Title: Studying Spatial Language 2.0 -Analyzing motion-descriptive language by spatially stratified web sampling
For more information, contact Krista Kahler at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit http://www.aag.org/annualmeetings/2010/index.htm to learn more.